Thursday, March 10, 2011

Blown Away!

Good morning. It's Friday morning, 1:39am to be exact. I'm messing around with my Blogger features and I came across the most astounding information. I just realised there are people who have viewed my profile from all corners of the globe! This actually REALLY surprised me! This image below for example:



Which basically shows that just for my last blog, I had 695 views from South Africa, 86 from the UK, 25 from the USA, 15 from Germany, 4 from Canada, 4 from Hungary, 2 from Belgium, 2 from Morocco, 1 from Australia and 1 from Bahrain.
Yes granted, these are relatively small numbers I'm sure, but fascinating nonetheless that my blog was viewed around the world.

The below picture (hope it isnt as small when published as it is when previewed) shows All time stats


So for the last 4 blogs i had, I had 1263 views from South Africa, 495 from the UK, 65 from the USA, 15 from Germany, 6 from Canada, 4 from Hungary, 2 from Belgium, 2 from Morocco, 1 from Australia and 1 from Bahrain. Wicked!!

Below is a diagram showing which blog received the most views, the latest blog bringing in 1604 views


and lastly a diagram illustrating pageviews all time history, 2762.



I think the thing that has also really got me thinking is how everything is monitored, locations recorded, on what medium it was suggested and viewed. Just thought I'd share my amazement with you. Right....02:11. Bed time. Night night everyone

Cliff

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! Now you can call yourself Globe "TROTTER" :)

PIGSpotter said...

HAHAHA! trust you to come up with that :)

Pandawlf said...

It's not even monitoring, when you request a web-page you send through what device and OS, and browser you are using so the server can send back the right info. (This is especially so because of cell browesing)

The location is known via the IP adress, since they are batch assigned via region.

But then again things are highly monitored. This just isn't an example of how.